The Association of Great Britain First Day Cover Collectors (GBFDC), was formed by collectors in 1994 to:
- Stimulate greater interest in Great Britain First Day Cover collecting.
- Enable collectors to contact each other, share knowledge and enjoy First Day Covers.
- Promote ways for GB First Day Cover collectors to buy, sell and exchange covers.
- Welcome members from the UK and overseas.
- Limited Edition Official GB First Day Covers, available exclusively to members at issue.
- ‘First Day Coverage’ Newsletter, sent free to members 4 times a year.
- GB First Day Cover Postal / Online Auctions twice a year, open to members and non-members.
- Organises the only First Day Cover Fair in the UK.
This is quite an undertaking and we are all volunteers, but we do it because there is a huge demand for information about GB First Day Covers, and a need for members to be kept up to date with the latest developments in the field.
Newsletter & Facebook
The GBFDC Newsletter and Facebook page help us to share information, learn about what other members collect and what they have for sale. We welcome submissions for the next edition of the newsletter, posts and comments on Facebook, so whatever your viewpoint on GB First Day Covers and Royal Mail, feel free to let us know – you may find you are not in a minority! www.facebook.com/gbfdc
First Day Cover Fair
GBFDC organises the only First Day Cover fair in the UK which is dedicated solely to collectors of First Day Covers. Held annually at the same venue as the AGM, the fair is an opportunity for collectors to come together, meet other collectors, buy, sell and swap covers, exchange views and information on a wide range of philatelic matters.
Some of the country’s leading First Day Cover Dealers have stands at the Fair, between them they hold extensive stocks of the majority of GB First Day Covers. If you are looking for a particular cover, or need help and advice on what to collect then this is the fair for you!
Advice available on collecting GB First Day Covers, Thematic Covers, Official and Non Official Covers, Hand Stamps and Meter Marks and a range of other subjects! If you have ever wanted to know about First Day Covers, or some guidance on what to collect then come along to the fair.
The First Day Cover Fair is held in October every year, at the Collingwood Centre, Great Barr, Birmingham B43 7NF. UK. The GBFDC AGM will be held on the same day, with a free buffet for members. All are welcome, so come along and meet us. For the date of the next First Day Cover Fair click on Meetings along the top Menu Bar.
Who Are We?
We are people who enjoy collecting First Day Covers. Some of our members are Stamp and Cover Dealers, some are members of the Philatelic Traders’ Society, but the majority of members and officers are just people with a passion for the hobby. You can contact us at any time about the Association of First Day Covers and we will always do our best to help.
The Officers of the Association are:
- Richard Park – Honorary Chairman and Auctioneer
- Terry Barnett – Honorary Secretary and AGM Organiser
- Peter Herring – Honorary Editor First Day Coverage Newsletter
- David Cohen – Honorary Treasurer
- Ian Balcombe – Honorary Publicity Officer
Your privacy is important to us, please see our Privacy Notice for more information.